Friday, January 10, 2014
Quick Blog 1/10: Daily Routine
Every day of my week looks the same. I am totally a creature of habit. Monday through Friday I wake up at 7:10, get ready for the day, eat breakfast, make a lunch, and I'm out the door around 8:20. School starts at 8:30 but as the year progresses I seem to show up a few minutes later and later. I have art, math, english, then lunch. I then go to yearbook, history, and lastly biology. At 3 the students at Washburn High School are saved by the bell. I usually head home to continue school and work on my homework. I get a break from homework and studying when it's dinner time. I like this time with my family; we summarize our days and catchup. It's a rare occasion but if I finish homework at a reasonable hour, I have time to watch tv or work on art. This has been my schedule of habit for most of my high school career but with the huge change of college coming up I've tried to move away from my normal routine and push changes on myself - in small doses of course. Due to my self-diagnosis of senior slide, I sometimes end homework early or skip the unnecessary work. I've started to go to yoga with my mom a couple times a week. Sometimes we go to classes together later in the night and sometimes I meet her downtown right after school. I've started working on art outside of school and journaling. Knowing I'm someone who doesn't like change, this year I've tried to work on it a lot and I think it is starting to show in my weekly schedule.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the aesthetic of your blog Meg, and now I am very curious about your visual art. Next time I see you I want you to tell me or show me what you are working on!
ReplyDelete